Student Assistant (Registrar's Office)
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Student Assistant (Registrar's Office)Department:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
$9.00 per hourSalary Information:
$9.00 per hourDepartment Summary:
The Office of the Registrar provides a variety of services, including development and maintenance of the academic calendar, the semester schedule of classes, the university catalog, registration, grade submission, official transcripts, degree audits and commencement.Position Summary:
This student hourly position will provide immediate and comprehensive services to customers relating to federal, state, and institutional regulatory requirements. The incumbent is a first point of contact for the department with other university personnel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
• Performing detailed technical duties.
• Answering telephone/email/in-person inquiries.
• Various office duties for the Registrar’s Office.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures related to the Office of the Registrar (or ability to rapidly assimilate).
• Ability to work independently.
19 hours per week, flexible around student’s class schedule.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicatePosting Number:
Stu124HPQuicklink for Posting: