Extension Program Worker/ 4-H SPIN and Social Media Assistant
Job descriptionJob no: 711242
Work type: Extension, Support Staff
Pay Grade: 00
Major Administrative Unit / College: Michigan State University Extension
Department: Extension Children And Youth 10058941
Sub Area: EXPA- Ext. Prog Assoc
Location: Arenac, In State
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
In alignment with the mission, programs and initiatives of MSU Extension, delivers research-based information to program participants through various methods and/or provides support and coordination of MSU Extension programs.Unit Position Summary
The Arenac 4-H SPIN Club & Social Media program assistant will be responsible for delivering SPIN club programming to area families, schools and/or community partners; along with creating and managing a social media campaign to support 4-H programming in Arenac County.
Tasks will include:
- Plan and organize 4-H SPIN (special interest) clubs with volunteers that focus on science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEAM) topics, utilize the 4-H SPIN Club guide, planning worksheet, and record of finances
- Engage current and new youth in 4-H SPIN club programming
- Recruit, screen, and train volunteers to serve as club leaders, to provide guest programming, or to otherwise support 4-H SPIN Clubs and associated activities
- Develop and manage a social media campaign promoting Arenac County 4-H and events utilizing social media tools such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook
- Host family engagement events
- Assist 4-H Program Coordinator as needed with virtual and in-person meetings
- Collect data and submit reports to the Arenac County 4-H Program Coordinator
Work office location is the MSU Extension Arenac County office in Standish MI. If warranted, due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic and the need to maintain social distancing protocols, the employee may serve from home. Employee will receive a computer from MSU Extension, and they need to have a secure and stable Internet connection. The program will provide extensive and ongoing training and support on coordinating online and in-person programming. It is important that members are comfortable with technology and/or willing to quickly learn.
The employee will receive $15 per hour. Rate can be negotiated commensurate with experience.
Employee hours may vary but will not exceed 19 hours per week.
- Familiarity or experience delivering virtual programs (using Zoom or other technology)
- Experience working with diverse (multiple ages, ethnicities, religions, etc.) populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for science, technology, engineering, art, and/or math (STEAM)
- Knowledge of youth development, volunteer recruitment and management
- Outgoing, confident and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Familiarity with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other social media platforms, and how to run a successful social media campaign
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter.Work Hours
Advertised: Jun 2, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 23, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time