Academic Integrity Program Director
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Academic Integrity is central to the mission and success of Boise State University, additionally as Boise State’s eCampus grows and online programs and courses become a mainstay of the university, specialized attention must be paid to new opportunities and challenges presented through online and distance education. This position will support focus on these opportunities and challenges working with staff, faculty and students to assess current policy and practices, identifying and responding to incidents of academic misconduct and, when necessary, facilitate the conduct response within the Office of the Dean of Students. Proactive education for faculty, staff and students to ensure all parties understand academic integrity as well as the requirements of Policy 2020 The Student Code of Conduct is also an integral part of this position.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
- Works collaboratively with various university faculty and staff focusing on online education programs and courses to support reporting instances of academic misconduct in part through the establishment of departmental liaisons and ongoing education regarding relevant policies.
- Conduct investigations when necessary to determine if policy violation has occurred and prescribe appropriate sanctions to reduce reoffending.
- Focus on students educational development strategies to support a campus wide climate of academic integrity and compliance with Policy 2020 The Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop communication with Faculty about research base pedagogical practices to prevent occurrences of academic dishonesty.
- Consult with faculty on as needed basis to promote adherence to policy and reporting academic misconduct.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education academic integrity philosophies and practices.
- Knowledge of online and distance learning and effective pedagogical strategies, or willingness to learn.
- Understanding of student conduct best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and balance the needs of multiple constituencies.
- Ability to problem solve and work in ambiguous situations
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations with students, faculty, staff and parents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to assess students’ developmental stages in order to facilitate productive conversations and, at times, goal setting and accessing resources.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all records.
- Ability to comprehend factual information, understand complex problems or written instructions and ability to explore alternative solutions.
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills in the preparation and presentation of results.
- Ability to compose detailed case notes, reports, flyers and/or conduct oral presentations tailored to be appropriate for specific audiences.
Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of professional experience or equivalent relevant experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary ranges from $43,700 to $51,417 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications for the role as well as a resume with employment history.
Advertised: May 28, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: June 20, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time