OPS Medical Technologist I
Job no: 516699
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29081100 - MD-PATH - UF PATH LABS
OPS Medical Technologist IJob Description:
The OPS Medical Technologist I will be responsible for performing specialized testing in the areas of chemistry, immunology, hematology, and coagulation in a CAP accredited laboratory. This position is responsible for the performance, quality, and accuracy of the results reported; maintenance of instrumentation, including scheduled, preventive, and troubleshooting, as needed; preparation of standards, calibrators, and reagents; and adherence to the laboratory's quality management program.
- Accurately perform laboratory testing of human biological samples for diagnostic purposes using various methodologies. Testing includes, but is not limited to, operation of state-of-the-art automated chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, and coagulation systems and performing various clinical laboratory assays using automated and/or manual methods. Assists with training of new employees. Trouble shoot issues related to instruments and testing. Answer questions from physician’s clients and laboratory staff.
- Participate in the overall maintenance of the laboratory. Check inventory and purchase supplies, maintain instruments and equipment, and comply with all laboratory policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all routine documentation associated with the performance of laboratory testing; includes reporting results and all quality control documentation.
- Participate, with other technologists, in development of tests as defined by the laboratory director. Write procedures and recommend updates and changes to laboratory procedure manuals. Assist with testing of instruments for interfaces, upgrades and set up of new tests.
- Prepare reports for quality and for troubleshooting issues.
- Participate and prepare for CAP (College of American Pathologists) and other regulatory inspections.
- Other duties are required.
- May be required to work in other labs at Path Labs.
$24.00 - $27.00; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist or eligible for license in one of the specialty areas to which the position is allocated and for which the laboratory is licensed under Chapter 483, Florida Statutes, and two years of appropriate experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Licensed as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, and Serology under Chapter 483, Florida Statutes
- Prior Clinical Laboratory experience in the areas of Clinical Chemistry, Immunology, Hematology and Coagulation
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and execute laboratory testing
- Ability to use problem solving techniques in the laboratory
- Ability to communicate with other technologists and supervisors
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Ability to understand and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures for clinical testing
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 17 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time