ASO DIR, Career Coach
Job no: 516893
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:17200400 - BA-CAREER SERVICES OFFICE
ASO Director, Career ServicesJob Description:
Serve as a key point of contact for our graduate business students, in providing one-on-one career planning and coaching. This will include, but is not limited to, resume and cover letter critiquing, mock interviews, career goal assessment, professional development, job search strategy, lead generation, and offer negotiation assistance.
Assist in strategy creation and provide support to both the Events and Corporate Relations functions, by supporting operations of strategic, career-related events and identifying new companies of interest and expanding existing relationships with explicit goal of increasing job opportunities for Warrington College of Business students.
Create and deliver career development workshops/seminars for both large and small groups of students, and support events such as career fairs, advisory board meetings and professional development events for current students and alumni.
Maintain updated records of meetings with graduate business students and alumni, including tracking of key performance metrics (e.g., interviews conducted, jobs secured, average salaries) related to the students’ career development activities. This also includes ensuring employment data is captured in Career Services Office files for reporting purposes.
Maintain updated records of corporate relations meetings, liaising with employer relations team.
Special projects as assignedExpected Salary:
Commensurate with education/experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- The successful candidate is required to possess seven (7)-plus years of professional work experience, preferably in a corporate and/or academic setting. The ideal candidate will have professional work experience in functional areas such as corporate recruiting, human resources, talent acquisition, training and development, university career services to name a few. An MBA or other advanced business degree is preferred, but not required.
- Strong customer focus (ability to listen attentively to students and recruiters and to understand and respond positively to their requests) is required
- Strong project management skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- An entrepreneurial orientation, proven track record of taking initiative and making things happen (i.e. self-starter)
- Excellent resume, interviewing and job search skills
- Highly proficient with web-based resources, spreadsheet and presentation software required (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel)
- Strong understanding of business degree career paths and management level career issues along with in-depth understanding of the college recruiting employment market and corporate hiring practices/process
- Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibility to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Strong organizational work skills, defining tasks, prioritizing assignments, and following through on all projects independently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Evidence of being relationship-driven with the proven ability to establish rapport with students, faculty, and recruiters.
- Must be able to develop effective presentations and speak confidently to large audiences.
- Track record of successfully collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strategic-thinker that has solved complex problems and enacted positive change in a large organization.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 16 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 29 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time