Education/Training Spec I
Job no: 516926
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Education/Instructional, Human Resources, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:62010700 - HR-TRAINING-DEVELOPMENT
Education/Training Specialist IJob Description:
Serving as the primary point of customer contact for UFHR’s Training and Organizational Development, this position is responsible for managing registration and attendance for ongoing workshops and coordinating logistics and communications for training programs. The role also is responsible for associated administrative support, including updating training resources, and training room set-up as well as refreshment and instructional material coordination. Must have a strong commitment to customer service, be highly organized, able to work collaboratively in a team setting, and comfortable using technology.
This position provides administrative support for Training and Organizational Development’s ongoing training agenda. The incumbent represents Human Resources and must be committed to delivering excellent customer service.
- Utilizes Training and Org. Development’s myTraining Learning Management System to set up courses as well as to enter and track training data. This includes entering activities in the system, generating rosters for all workshops, and updating the system to track attendance in programs.
- Serves as contact (via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face contact) for departments university wide, in explaining T&OD’s services as well as answering questions and providing assistance related to individual employee’s training needs or requests. Answers questions and provides customer support for Training and Org. Development’s myTraining Learning Management System and training programs. Provides overall telephone coverage for Training and Org. Development.
- Coordinates training programs including training equipment (laptops/portable LCD projectors), training materials, site reservations, and is responsible for logistics and communication for sessions such as CxUF, GBAS, and Fiscal Onboarding. Responsible for HRS Building training rooms set-up, including refreshment coordination and purchase. This involves arranging, confirming, and monitoring relationships with vendors, university caterers and other administrators across campus. Manages room reservations for training rooms (120 and 119 in HRS Building).
- Assists in updating training content and materials based on data compiled from evaluations. This includes researching and synthesize information, creating simulations, and updating instruction guides. Maintains the internal training topic and SME spreadsheet and scheduling of training evaluation reports in Enterprise Analytics.
- Administers HR's process of training confirmation—primarily related to virtual session confirmations and handouts, waiting list management, and inquiries that emerge based on automated e-mail confirmation process. Includes certification process related to the Supervisory Challenge and Pro3 series and other certificate programs. Orders and manages office supplies as needed for team members.
- Assists team members with special projects as needed, including typing of flip chart notes from organizational development meetings.
$20.11 - $21.55 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Individual must have strong computer skills--preferably Microsoft Products. Effective communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly in a concise manner. A strong commitment to customer service. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple persons during high volume periods. He or she also must be a team player and able to work with others. Sensitive to confidential information. Technical experience with video conference software (e.g., Zoom) and learning management systems.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 02 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time