Business Relationship Manager
Job no: 516903
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:14800000 - IT - ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
Business Relationship Mgr IIJob Description:
The Business Relationship Manager will be responsible for understanding the vast and complex needs of UF Research administration and will facilitate discussions about how technology pushes the strategic agenda forward for UF Research administration as well as participate and facilitate strategic and operational planning to identify areas where technology can improve or streamline processes. Candidates must have a deep working knowledge of the UF Research organization and related workflow processes, including cross-sections with other UF departments. Data strategy and analytics is a key focus for supporting UF Research, which champions a culture of data-driven decision making.
UF citizenship is at the heart of UFIT, and the organization thrives on creativity and collaboration. Adaptability and flexibility are important characteristics for successfully navigating the ever-changing landscape at UF. UFIT empowers staff to be visionary thought leaders and to seek out leadership opportunities that advance the core mission of this great institution.
UFIT values individuals of all backgrounds and appreciates different perspectives and talents. UFIT is also deeply committed to providing a positive work environment that is focused on the well-being of its team members. UFIT offers flexible work arrangements and welcomes ideas for achieving work-life balance among its talented workforce.
The successful candidate will join a well-established Business Relations Team within UFIT. Some key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Work as a key interface between central UFIT and the core administrative business offices, colleges, and professional services of the University to ensure the needs of the business are understood and communicated at all levels.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships, both internal at UFIT, and external with campus customers, demonstrating skills as an effective and articulate communicator, with the ability to interface and navigate a wide variety of stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Viewed as integral to the business in any decision that may be impacted by technology. Lead the gathering of business needs and identify, propose and influence business solutions through direct interaction with business unit leaders. Propose changes or solutions to products and services for optimal business results.
- Accountable for establishing, managing, and maintaining strategic relationships with external customers in one or more service areas. Work with academic and business leaders and acts as a liaison between UFIT and university colleges, departments, and administrative units.
- Collection, analysis, review, documentation and communication of business needs and requirements to the IT organization. This includes portfolio management, drafting business cases and drafting project charters.
- Ensure that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solution leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology. Focus on continually developing and improving business processes, assisting with the development of metrics, both within the technology and business organizations.
- Act as liaison between UFIT and end-users to define and establish service and support requirements. Regularly interacts with functional groups within IT organization to communicate and clarify customer requirements. Investigates and resolves customer relationship problems.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a business area to identify and communicate how IT solutions add value. Supports one or more key business functions. Issues and interactions tend to be highly complex and have significant strategic importance.
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s vision and mission.Expected Salary:
$90,000 – $100,000 annually; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://benefits.hr.ufl.edu/Minimum Requirements:
A bachelor's degree and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or other related field
- Seven (7) to 10 years of relevant business and IT experience
- Experience managing teams
- Project support and development experience in an environment similar to the scale and complexity of UF
- Knowledge PeopleSoft and/or Huron Click Portal Solutions
- Outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 02 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 16 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time