Research Administrator III - Department of Neurosurgery
Job no: 516897
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29190000 - MD-NEUROLOGICAL SURGERY
Research Administrator IIIJob Description:
The Preston A. Wells, Jr. Center for Brain Tumor Therapy and the UF Brain Tumor Immunotherapy Program (UFBTIP) within the Department of Neurosurgery is seeking an experienced research administrator for the position of Research Administrator III. This is a highly responsible position that is responsible for financial and administration clinical trial activity and clinical research compliance.
Clinical Research Financial Administration
Utilizing financial concepts, experience, and knowledge of clinical research the incumbent will provide clinical research financial services to the Clinical Trials Office and its affiliated members as well as internal and external partners.
- Coordinates with study teams and with appropriate ancillary/support units on effort and pricing to create budgets;
- Conducts budget negotiations with industry sponsors, grantors and other funding sources;
- Identifies and communicates clinical research funding gaps to management;
- Oversees management of clinical research and related financial activities and monitors clinical research status, tracking all sponsor payments and payments made for accrual activity;
- Manages Human Subject Payments (HSP) by submitting requests, maintaining debit cards, loading payments, and auditing for compliance with related regulations and policies;
- Trains study staff on financial topics related to clinical research;
- Processes budget transactions, sponsor invoicing, reconciliation of payments received, and assuring proper application of data;
- Reviews and reconciles clinical research expenditures and budgets, adjusting as necessary;
- Prepares financial reports and variances and participates in reconciliation and project closeouts;
- Ensures any clinical research study with billing has a billing grid in OnCore, a unique study record, and a tracking log;
- Creates clinical trial spreadsheets with detailed, multi-year project budgets including revenue and expenditure projections and tracking logs;
- Collaborates with Principal Investigators and grant personnel to provide timely financial reports for meetings, presentations, and projections;
- Prepares clinical research revenue and salary projections for annual department budget.
Clinical Research Compliance Administration
- Submits new and amended clinical research projects to the Office of Clinical Research (OCR) and tracks OCR reviews;
- Collaborates with OCR contracting team to ensure contractual agreement is executed and any intellectual property rights are protected;
- Develops Medicare coverage analysis plans in collaboration with OCR coverage analysis and budget team
- Collaborates with OCR coverage analysis and budget team to confirm that studies meet the definition of a Qualifying Clinical Trial, which study-related items/services may be considered to be Routine Costs, and which items/services are allowable for Medicare reimbursement;
- Conducts quality assurance review of clinical research data maintained in OnCore, works with OCR to correct inconsistencies.
Management of Sub-site and Affiliate Budgets
- Incumbent will be responsible for managing the sub-site and affiliate budgets of the Center’s portfolio of IITs.
- Creates and negotiates sub-site budgets for Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) ensuring compliance with prime award requirements;
- Works with OCR to create and negotiate master contracts and task orders with sub-sites;
- Manages payments to sub-sites per the negotiated contracts for IITs. Ensures sub-site invoices are accurate and tracks all payments associated with each project.
$59,200 - $70,000Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance, or related subject and three to four years of research financial administration and/or management or related experience;
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of the university research environment in an academic medical setting;
- Foundational, financial, and operational knowledge of clinical research and UF Office of Clinical Research (OCR) services.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of clinical trials management and financial accounting;
- Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of FDA regulations, CFR statutes, and ICH-GCP guidelines;
- Ability to successfully work independently, interact professionally, and utilize effective writing and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word;
- Proficient time management skills and ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
For consideration, please complete an application and include a cover letter, resume and the names and email addresses of three to five references.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 02 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time