Temporary Instructor of Health Information Technology
Pierpont Community and Technical College is seeking applications for a full-time, 9-month Instructor in the Health Information Technology Program.
Examples Of Duties:
The successful candidate will teach a full academic load of 15 credit hours per semester (or equivalent), advise students, and engage in professional development activities commensurate with the duties and responsibilities defined in the College’s Faculty Handbook.
- Instruction and evaluation
- Student advising
- Committee assignments
- Faculty meetings
- In-service programs
- Preparation for teaching
- Professional and scholarly development
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned and as necessary
- Adheres to and complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws
- If assigned a State purchasing card, abides by all purchasing rules and provisions and reports/balances account as required or directed
- Adheres to all institutional policies and guidelines, including the provisions of the employee’s relevant employee handbook
- Adheres to and complies with relevant provisions of the WV State Ethics Acts
- Adheres to all safety rules and provisions
- Reports any persona
- Accidents/injuries or accidents/injuries of assigned staff to HR by end of the workday or work shift
- Completes all required performance evaluations timely, completely, and accurately
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
- experience in ICD-10 CM and ICD-10-PCS medical coding
- experience in CPT-4 medical coding
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: The successful candidate must be a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT).
Pierpont Community & Technical College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.