Post-Doctoral Research FellowLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
May 15, 2021Description:
Postdoctoral position in the Department of Medicine, Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA. Participation in laboratory research activities within the lab of Dr. Thannickal studying the biology of aging in lung diseases.Qualifications:
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology or relevant biological sciences
- At least one year of experience performing research experiments and proficiency in basic laboratory techniques.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop and statistical software.
- Designing, coordinating and management of research experiments for human and/or animal studies.
- Writing protocols for animal (IACUC) and human (IRB) studies.
- Analyzing data and preparing publishable reports and writing grants.
- Animal (mouse or rats) handling, drug administration and sample collection including intestinal tissues.
- Maintenance and handling of tissues/cells in cell culture for in vitro studies.
- Protein, DNA and RNA isolation from human and animal samples.
- Real-time RT-PCR, miRNAs, siRNAs, PCR and protein arrays, ELISA, Western blots, cloning and sequencing.
- Flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, cell/tissue staining and other histology techniques.
- Image and statistical analyses, and other relevant software.
- Laboratory management and staff training
- Collaborator, can work independently and as a team player
Please apply via Interfolio link.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow.
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.