Head Cheer Coach....
Head Cheer Coach....Athletics
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The Head Cheer Coach will oversee all aspects of cheer and mascot program and develop, write and implement cheerleading routines for performance at intercollegiate athletics events. This individual will schedule cheer members for home and select away football games, volleyball matches, and men's and women's basketball games as well as supervise practices while monitoring the health and safety of the cheer squad members. In addition to games and competitions, this position will be expected to recruit and evaluate talent while hosting annual tryouts for the squad. This position coordinates all public appearances for cheer and mascot and organizes youth camps and clinics to raise additional support for the program. The Head Coach will prioritize student welfare and maintain all required safety certifications.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year of cheer team coaching experienceAmerican Associate of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators Safety Certification (AACCA)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 7 years of cheer team coaching experienceAmerican Associate of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators Safety Certification (AACCA)
- Previous coaching experience in NCAA Division I Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications