Digital Graphic Designer, Marketing and Communications
MarComm aims to strengthen DU's strategic position locally, regionally and nationally through data-driven and authentic storytelling across multiple channels with focused support on the university's value drivers: academics and research; enrollment and admissions, athletics and advancement. Whether through public or media relations, digital strategies, social media, print, podcast, issues or crisis management, community relations or thought leadership and training, MarComm drives results through narratives that involve words, pictures and design. With true understanding of and connection with our diverse audiences, we aim to foster collaborative problem solving, creativity and innovation.
- Provide digital graphic design development and support of design projects for the University.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings.
- Work with art director and project managers, serving internal clients on various branded projects; manage design from beginning to end.
- Generate concepts and design options under the supervision of the Art Director and/or Director of Creative Services.
- Other projects as needed and/or assigned.
- Demonstrated career success with supporting design portfolio. Five (5) or more years experience in the graphic arts, with at least three (3) years client relations experience managing art, creative and working with multiple clients with disparate needs simultaneously.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and/or military training in graphic design, or other related fields.
- Proficiency with design software.
- Demonstrable experience with front-end digital production (HTML/CSS) as reflected in provided portfolio.
- Excellent interaction design skills.
- Experience working with vendors to complete work.
- Demonstrable collaboration with technical team members (developers/web support) to complete complex digital projects.
- Experience designing for websites managed through a content management system (CMS)/emails managed in a customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on June 21, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $75,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.