Assitant Professor of Nursing
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks dynamic nurse educators for its Baccalaureate Nursing Program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP). The pre-licensure nursing program offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN, RN-BSN and RN-MSN).
The successful candidate(s) is required to have at least a Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution. Preference given to those with experience using instructional strategies for traditional, online instruction (hybrid etc.), simulation (high fidelity and virtual, etc.) and CNE Certification (Nursing Educator). A minimum of two years of teaching experience (didactic and clinical practice) with students in a college/university nursing program and evidence of continuous professional development. Applicants with medical-surgical, and psychiatric mental health nursing experience are encouraged to apply.
The candidate will hold a current license in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the District of Columbia or eligibility to obtain a District of Columbia Registered Nurse license by date of hire.
- Teach up to 12 credits per semester (Full time 12 month contract)
- Provide clinical instruction using simulation and face to face in clinical agencies.
- Coordinate theoretical, clinical or laboratory instruction for specialty area
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation.
- Evaluate student achievement of course objectives related to nursing knowledge
and clinical practice.
- Advisor to students enrolled in the nursing program
- Demonstrate proficiency in using technology (i.e. ATI, MOODLE, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Google Meets etc.)
- Provide oversight and evaluation of clinical adjunct faculty members.
- Participate in Program and University committees.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three (3) professional references to the link below.