Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-02
Title:111C-YN - Events Coordinator 3
Business Title:Events Coordinator
Job Family:Civil Service - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Events Coordinator is responsible for planning, arranging, and coordinating facility and logistical support for all on- and off-site events sponsored by and in collaboration with offices within the Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine.
With limited direction from supervisor and department leads, this role will manage and oversee event operations. Duties include establishing event plans and themes, budgets, contacting and selecting speakers, lodging, catering, security, publicity, materials, and equipment; negotiating with vendors; preparing and changing contracts; and processing billing.
This position will independently manage and coordinate repeat programs/events and develop new programs/events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
55% Event Planning and Coordination
- Serves as the point of contact and plans, develops and coordinates all college events, such as fundraising galas, conferences and webinars, receptions, workshops, annual ceremonies including White Coat Ceremony, Faculty and Staff Awards and Recognition Ceremonies, Medvengers, Commencement, Match Day, Launch, health care leadership conferences, strategic planning and culture building workshops, holiday parties etc. These events range in scale from large to small events.
- Serves as event lead on department- and unit-level events and coordinates department-level lectures, career fairs, workshops, donor receptions and social events; consults and coordinates with appropriate campus staff/clients to determine logistics for event. Upon approval from the Director of Communications and Marketing & Strategic Operations, additional events may be added to the event task load.
- Coordinates services and manages event logistics including scheduling, facilities use, vendor negotiations and contracts, lodging, food service, security, speaker selection, event registration and participant communication, equipment and technical support.
- Collaborates with facility managers and vendors and provides on-site assistance at events. Ensures physical details, such as photographers, furniture arrangement and room décor, are completed.
- Oversees and monitors compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, emergency procedures, and ADA compliance during programs/events.
20% Event Publicity and Marketing
- Develops and coordinates event materials in partnership with WSU College of Medicine marketing team including invitations, programs, fliers, posters, meeting notices, ads, agendas, name tags, multimedia presentations and letters.
- Arranges for design, reproduction and distribution of materials.
- Coordinates mailing lists and event invitations.
- Develops event messaging, internal news announcements, scripts and talking points; coordinates creation and distribution with WSU College of Medicine communications and marketing team.
20% Event Fiscal Support
- Manages event budgets including monitoring expenses.
- Maintains financial records and customer/client profiles for proper billing.
- Coordinates estimates, invoices and collection of payments.
- Collaborates with Business Services staff on contracts and expenditures.
- Administers working knowledge of budget, cost center, program, project, object, and/or contract number when preparing documents.
- Generates final report of each conference/workshop/event expenses, revenue and balances.
- Perform other related work as required or assigned.
High school graduation or equivalent and four years of progressively responsible work experience involving public contact such as secretarial, sales promotion, setting up conferences, public information, or in the hospitality industry; OR equivalent education/experience.
- Four (4) years of event management or coordination experience including logistics planning, budget development, or working with clients and the public.
- Demonstrated experience successfully completing multiple team and independent projects on short timelines in a fast-paced environment with utmost professionalism.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Position requires occasional evening and/or weekend work to support event needs.
- Valid driver’s license by date of hire.
- Membership in a meeting planner association.
- Experience composing publicity copy, such as newsletters, eblasts, announcements, website copy or social media copy.
Area/College: Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine
Department Name: Marketing and Communications
City, State, Zip: Spokane, WA 99202
Department Link: https://medicine.wsu.edu/
Monthly Salary: $3,067.00
Screening Begin Date: June 9, 2021
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Application Instructions: Applicants must attach 1) resume and 2) cover letter to their online application. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements. Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application.
The screening of applications will begin June 9, 2021 and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified.
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.