Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-02
Title:1132-YN - Extension Coordinator
Business Title:Extension Coordinator
Employee Type:Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term)
Job Family:Administrative Professional - OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
This position provides oversight and leadership, including volunteer management, for Extension work in the 4-H Youth Development Program of Mason County. This position is also responsible for community outreach efforts and efforts serving youth outside of the 4-H club system. This oversight includes the development and implementation of programs and activities within the policies and procedures of WSU Extension, and specifically, 4-H programming under the direction of the 4-H Youth Development Faculty and the State 4-H Associate Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant extension program discipline and two (2) years of related program experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; demonstrated work experience using these programs.
- While using a private vehicle for official business, the successful candidate must have current automobile liability insurance (meeting the requirements described in RCW 46.30.020 and RCW 46.29.090) and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible work hours that include frequent evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work year around in a variety of outdoor weather conditions.
- Competency in using electronic communication methods and equipment for extension education and daily work activities.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Experience in volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, placement, education and recognition) and volunteerism.
- Knowledge of, and/or experience with, 4-H youth development programs. Experience and ability to work as a team member with staff and volunteers.
- Strong demonstrated written skills requiring limited editing and supervision in preparing reports, evaluations, press releases, synthesis of a broad range of materials, and effective written conveyance of program information to the public and program participants.
- Experience developing curriculum.
- Strong demonstrated verbal communication and listening skills: public speaking, effective conveyance of program information to the public, program participants, and decision-makers.
- Experience working/collaborating with multiple public agencies, NGOs, and individuals in partnerships.
- Experience in leadership, and the ability to work and think independently. Knowledge of, and/or experience with, program assessment and evaluation.
- Familiarity with social media.
Department Name: 4-H Youth Development
City, State, Zip: Shelton, WA 98584
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Temporary End Date: This is a temporary OR project position expected to end on approx 9/22. Renewal is dependent on the need for extension and/or if additional funding is secured to extend employment.
Background Check: This position has been designated by the department to require a background check.
Posting Close Date: Applicants must submit their completed application by June 16, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume and 2) cover letter.
Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Applicants are required to include contact information for professional references within the application
Required Documents: Resume and Cover Letter
Time Type:Full time
Position Term:12 Month
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.