Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician
Job location: John D. MacArthur Campus - Jupiter
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-18
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician, Jupiter, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provides daily animal husbandry and care for various laboratory animal species.
- Performs cleaning and sanitation procedures of housing and support areas following departmental SOPs.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed in receiving animals, feeding, bedding and supplies.
- Monitors environmental parameters and observes animals for health and well-being on workdays and weekends as per rotating weekend schedule.
- Assists, as needed, with administering treatments and with diagnostic procedures as directed by veterinarian.
- Performs transportation of animals and supplies.
- Prepares and files all necessary documentations as required by regulations or internal SOP/policies.
- Performs equipment operation and scheduled preventative maintenance. Communicates with research personnel in a service oriented and professional manner.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Salary:$12.00 - $15.00 per hourCollege or Department:Division of ResearchLocation:John D. MacArthur Campus - JupiterWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Rotating hours in evening, weekend, and on holidays as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-07-04-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Temporary positions are not established positions and are paid from OPS funds. Temporary positions are usually not eligible for benefits and retirement; however, they may be eligible for health insurance coverage depending on the average hours worked per week. They provide full-time or part-time employment in an exempt or non-exempt employment situation based on job duties and salary in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Temporary positions do not have layoff rights and may be terminated without prior notice. Applicants hired into Temporary positions may apply for a regular appointment should a vacancy become available.
This is a part time position.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume is required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This recruitment has been reopened; all previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply. This position may close without prior notice.