Coordinator Intercollegiate Athletic
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-01
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Coordinator, Intercollegiate Athletics, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Assists the Assistant Athletics Director with the development of game operation policies and procedure manuals for all athletic teams sponsored by the department.
- Serve as tournament director for regular season and Conference tournaments hosted by the athletics department. Act as liaison between facility managers, SID's, trainers, marketing personnel, etc., to coordinate a safe and fun environment for all home events.
- Assist the Assistant Athletics Director for Facilities and Operations to manage, in a cost-efficient manner, all aspects of the department's athletic/event venues. This includes, but is not limited to, the football stadium, arena, baseball fields, softball field, track, and field complex and soccer fields. This includes managing purchasing, payroll, security, crowd control, routine repairs, preventative maintenance, janitorial services, admission procedures, equipment, and other general user services for all rental contracts.
- Coordinate with the University's Physical Plant for the day to day upkeep of the facilities. This includes, but is not limited to, janitorial services, minor repairs, and upkeep of external landscaping.
- Initiate facility rental contracts with internal and external constituencies.
- Maintain an up to date calendar of all events scheduled in each venue.
- Establishes and adjust prices, rates, and rate schedules for user.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$35,705 - $38,000College or Department:AthleticsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with weekend and holiday availability as needed.Application Deadline: 2021-06-08-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.