Full-Time Faculty Position: Liberal Arts
Department:: Department of English
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Jun 1, 2021
Closes:: Jun 15, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 131682
POSITION: Full-Time Faculty Position: Liberal Arts; Assistant Professor; Division of Liberal Arts; Tenure track; MCCC/MTA Unit Position; Position Contingent on Budget Resources Being Available.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach the newly developed, interdisciplinary gateway course to the Liberal Arts Associate Degree, HUM102 - Introduction to Liberal Arts; and potentially other courses within appropriate academic discipline.
- Serve as Program Coordinator for the Liberal Arts Associate Degree, which includes curriculum development, assessment, equity work, program review, and advising.
- As Program Coordinator, develop and lead program- and community-building efforts for the Liberal Arts Associate Degree and its students, including recruiting and partnerships.
- Serve as faculty lead and collaborate with faculty and Center for Liberal Arts administrative staff on interdisciplinary events and programs for students and faculty in the Liberal Arts Division. Also collaborate with Career Services to implement internships in the Liberal Arts.
- Participate in college service including student extracurricular activities, committee work, and/or grant writing.
- Academically advise students.
- Maintain office hours.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned by the Dean of Liberal Arts.
- Master's degree in discipline relevant to the Liberal Arts is required.
- Must be able to express a thorough understanding of the value of the Liberal Arts and related interdisciplinary academic pursuits.
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience at the college level, with a demonstrated ability to teach academically disadvantaged students, evidence of excellent teaching, and commitment to equitable teaching practices.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology into effective teaching strategies.
- Ability to teach within, and contribute positively to, a diverse, multi-ethnic, multi-cultural student population.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of equitable teaching practices in the context of a Hispanic Serving Institution or other culturally diverse institutions of higher education.
- Collaborative program-building experience.
- Bilingual or Bicultural (Spanish and English).
- Anticipated starting salary range is $46,916.00-$61,000.00 per academic year; complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, free dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
- Actual salary will be determined in accordance with classification determination of MCCC/MTA salary schedule commensurate with education and experience. Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: September 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a list of two (2) references and/or two (2) recent letters of reference, cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: June 15, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery