PM Lead Cook-Wilkerson Commons
The purpose of this position is to direct the production staff while working alongside of them to prepare and serve products according to Dining Services mission to our customers. This position also directs the safety and sanitation policies and procedures for the production areas. It is a working position that includes motivating staff, directing staff, and communicating with the management team.Duties & Responsibilities
- Directs and or does the production of all entrees and accompaniments according to the FoodPro production recipes/reports. Directs and or does pre-prep for all production items under their responsibilitiesDoes Display/Cook-to-Order cooking in conceptsPrepares menu items for assigned catered functionsCreatively garnishes serving lines, buffets, and serving plates in order to make attractive presentationsUses the following equipment including but not limited to: grills, meat slicer, food chopper, steam equipment, fryers, ovens, calculator and scalesIs aware of all meal schedulesPrepares food to meet all meal deadlines and maintains the highest quality and freshness possible using progressive cooking techniques.Responds to customer questions and concerns appropriately and accuratelyInteracts positively with customers when display cooking and when in service areasPromotes the healthy lifestyle initiativesEnsures all production paperwork is filled out correctly and turned in daily.Work with the preparation and disposal of fish, poultry, beef, lamb, pork and other meat productsProvides instruction for Cooks, Assistant Cooks, part-time and student staff assisting in assigned productionTrains and Mentors all staff according to UND Dining Services Policies and Procedures stressing production, sanitation and safetyDirects staff to ensure production meets deadlines, maintaining the highest quality of freshness using progressive/batch cooking techniquesUse thermometers in the process of achieving the proper temperatures for the various products, record temperatures, and check on products being held to insure safe temperatures, record temperatures for the coolers and freezer and advise supervisor if temperature requirements are not metUse the proper procedures to clean and to sanitize the various work areas and the large and small equipment used in productionReviews access counts, recipes and communication log to facilitate the organization of productionReviews Production orders and service summaries for accuracyChecks for needed food items and materials for upcoming menusUses computer to complete food pro responsibilities.Assists in the menu development for special functions and board menus.Tests recipes and provides constructive feedback.Meets with Management staff dailyCreates and sustains a work environment based on ethics, integrity, trust, and accountability. Serves as a role model to others in terms of setting the tone for acceptable behavior/conduct. Creates an inclusive work environment where others can motivate themselves to perform at their highest level. Treats others with dignity and respect at all times and fosters a sense of camaraderie and goodwill in dealing with others
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to move 45-50 pounds and stand 3 to 4 hours at a time
- Ability to read and comprehend reports and basic math skills to complete reports.
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to make timely decisions and deal with stressful situations Have an optimistic attitude, high degree of integrity, and a strong work ethic
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Three years of progressive experience in large volume food production and with catered events and garnishing
- Experience with the materials, equipment and food used in the food business
- Experience with computers and software programs
- Progressive supervisory experience with all age groups
- Experience with concept/display cooking Successful completion of a criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Two years progressive supervisory experience
- NRA Serv Safe Certification
- Culinary Training
$16.50/hour, Full-time, Benefited, Non-exemptWork Schedule/Start Date
Normal work schedule Monday - Friday Noon -8:30pm with rotating weekendsBenefits
Includes single or family health care coverage (premiums paid for by the university), basic life insurance, EAP, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual and sick leave. Optional benefits available: supplemental life, dental, vision, flexible spending account, supplemental retirement plans.To Apply
For full consideration, all application materials must be fully submitted by 11:59PM on the closing date.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years’ of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.