Administrative Support I
Administrative Support ITracking Code627-280 Job Description
Part-time position, up to 24 hours per week.
Serve as administrative support and receptionist and provide necessary assistance to facilitate the responsibilities within the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as front-desk receptionist and maintain a welcoming atmosphere.
- Answer phones and emails. General correspondence, data entry, student contact, word processing.
- Greet visitors and set counseling appointments.
- Maintain Admissions’ utility email account.
- Respond to general applicant inquiries (e.g. application requirements, application deadlines, etc.) Enter prospects and, as needed, applicants, into ACES2 using web import processes and manual data entry.
- Mail prospect packets and other materials.
- Coordinate campus tour scheduling; set up tour and class visit calendars; send prospects follow-up email; send student ambassadors confirmation emails.
- Generate application fee waivers.
- Retrieve, open and distribute mail; scan, log, track and file documents.
- Assist with mail merging and mass mailings.
- Order office supplies.
- Assist with clerical support for financial aid staff as needed, including data entry, scanning and filing documents.
- Assist with special projects and event planning, when required.
- Maintain a collaborative work environment and work well with others.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Dean or Director.
High School diploma required. AA/AS strongly preferred. 1-3 years of experience in an administrative support/clerical role required. Clerical/administrative experience in higher education field, a plus. Must possess a high level of organization, flexibility and multi-tasking, judgment and interpersonal skills. Excellent follow-through.
Strong confidentiality required. Ability to work in a fast pace office, as a positive team player. Should possess strong written & verbal communication skills. Must maintain awareness of and participation in external professional environment and ensures the highest level of professional standards is applied to service delivery within the Admissions department. Works to build an environment that promotes and facilitates the success of Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. Occasional night and weekend work may be required.
Grade 4Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time