Systems Administrator III
Systems Administrator IIITracking Code628-280 Job Description
Systems administration including server management, backup, security management, user account management, e-mail systems, network administration, phone system and ability to work as a mentor to the team. Develop solutions to support all Stetson University campuses on our One Stetson initiatives.
- Primarily responsible for the administration of all server resources (AD, Exchange, File Share, Hypervisors, Storage Environment, Firewalls, Microsoft 365, Security etc.) installs, hardware, maintenance and configuration.
- Assist in Disaster Recovery planning and management as needed
- Provide senior-level support for Helpdesk tickets as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks
- Provide telephone, face-to-face and remote computing and multimedia support to users working from a centralized area within a helpdesk environment.
- Configure and install computer hardware and software and troubleshoot connectivity to the network as required.
- Develops training materials and procedures and conducts training sessions for users.
- Problem Resolution - Proactively oversee the activities involved in quality resolution of complex technical issues, responding with an appropriate sense of urgency to problems escalated to Network Administrator’s level; coordinate with appropriate departments to determine positive solutions that increase end user satisfaction, following through to completion, and communicating resolution results to end user; escalate to management any situation that could adversely impact the service provided to the end user; monitor trends in documented incidents and determine appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame; respond to major emergencies as they occur (i.e. total system outages, attempts to infiltrate critical systems, etc.) which may require responses during off hours, while adhering to established departmental guidelines. Tests system software, hardware, and peripheral equipment to evaluate performance and effectiveness.
- Develop, spreadsheets, presentations, and reports for management as needed.
- Maintains a collaborative work environment and works well with others.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of training, education and experience. Minimum of 5 years of senior-level experience with: Windows servers, Hypervisors, network equipment and tools are required.
- Extensive experience with hardware, Active Directory, PowerShell script creation, Storage Area Networks, and Hyper-V/VMware are a must as well as proven adherence to best practices throughout professional experience.
- Strong communication, training, and problem solving skills, with ability to rapidly master new computing technology are essential.
- Industry certifications extremely desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows servers, desktop products, facilitation and change management skills a must
- Work duties performed in temperature-controlled office, and also throughout campus with frequent customer interaction.
- May be asked to work remotely at the Tampa, Celebration or DeLand campus as needed.
- Requires some physical effort such as standing, walking, frequent lifting (5-70 lb.), and manual dexterity in the operation of equipment.
- May require extended periods of time at a keyboard and screen, perceptual demands for sound, form, texture and depth.
- May also require work hours outside the normal College of Law schedule, on-call availability, including nights, weekends and College of Law holidays.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Grade 8Job Location Gulfport, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular