Program Assistant-Off Campus Sites
Program Assistant-Off Campus SitesDepartment:
Academic OutreachWork Location:
Education Center at Blue IslandDuties:
Under general supervision, is responsible for monitoring and coordinating the day-to-day office activities of the program including providing services and program information to staff and students. The Program Assistant is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.Education/Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; three to twelve months related experience and/or training required.Qualifications:
- The ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn and use various department-specific software programs.
- Good organizational skills.
Monday – Thursday 11:00 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Flexible hours for office coverage as needed.
HourlyReview of Applications Begins:
Support/Hourly StaffPosting Number:
06/02/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the required software proficiency test and pass all parts of the online test. The online application will not be forwarded to the hiring manager without the proficiency test on file with the Office of Human Resources.
Proficiency testing is required for this position; only applicants with a passing score will be considered. You will receive an email within 2-4 business days with instructions on how to complete the testing online. Please ensure that you have included a valid email address on your application.
The testing deadline is June 21, 2021.