Innovation Hub Director, College of Business
Innovation Hub Director, College of BusinessTracking Code749-674 Job Description
Valparaiso University invites applications for the position of Director of the Innovation Hub (iHub) housed in the College of Business (https://www.valpo.edu/college-of-business/) with strong collaborative ties with the College of Engineering. Valparaiso University (“Valpo”), a community of learning grounded in the Lutheran tradition of scholarship, freedom, and faith, prepares students to lead and serve both church and society. Located one hour southeast of Chicago on a 310-acre campus, Valpo is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 3,500 undergraduate and graduate students. Valpo is consistently recognized as one of the best private universities in the Midwest and is located in Valparaiso Indiana, a county seat of over 30,000 residents with high quality schools and an active social community.
The Director is expected to provide leadership, oversight, execution, and support in matters related to program building, delivery and educational entrepreneurship at Valparaiso University. The Director is hired on a full-time one-year initial appointment, subject to be re-appointed based on satisfactory performance.
The specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Program growth. Grow the IHub with respect to its brand, purpose, engagement and impact at undergraduate, graduate and non-degree levels (e.g. courses, workshops, internships, student/faculty consulting, business startup ventures).
- Campus engagement. Engage in interdisciplinary and cross-unit collaboration for both business and non-business majors.
- Community engagement. Connect and build relationships with our local and regional community for professional development, workforce development, and life-long learning.
- Outcome Metrics. Identify (with the Dean) and track key outcome metrics (for iHub/Director performance review).
- Fundraising/Sponsorship. Engage in effective fundraising and seek out sponsorships (with support from the Dean) needed for program offerings, activities and growth.
- Teaching Duties. The role as Director may involve teaching obligations in the form of one or two classes to support the COB’s Entrepreneurship minor at the College of Business.
A successful candidate should hold a Master’s degree in a related business discipline with 5-10 years of relevant industry experience to foster student-centric experiential learning in innovation and entrepreneurship.
As a campus with an increasingly diverse student body, we encourage applications from individuals with a commitment to mentoring students from underrepresented communities. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and contact information for three references. In your cover letter, please include brief statements of (a) how you might contribute to the university’s distinctive mission, and (b) what experiences you have had which will enable you to mentor a diverse student body. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that the search committee will contact these references, in confidence, and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Employment will require a satisfactory criminal background check. Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, applicants are encouraged to apply by July 2, 2021 for timely consideration. Screening of applicants will begin immediately until position is filled.
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support its diverse community. Its entire EOE policy can be found at http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/ .
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Niclas Erhardt, Dean, College of Business
Valparaiso, IN 46383