University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, is one of the prestigious institutions of higher education in Pakistan by virtue of its accreditations and accomplishments. It has 15 schools, 3 institutes, 40 academic departments and 13 Centers. Being one of the leading Universities of Lahore, established in the 1990s, currently have 3-campuses across Pakistan with more than 25,000 registered students, 30,000+ Alumni and 800+ faculty members with 220+ PhDs from all around the globe.
On completion of the contract term of the current incumbent, UMT is seeking a high calibre, highly qualified research-orientated PhD Professor for the position of Vice-Chancellor / Rector. The position demands a person with strong leadership qualities, an outstanding academician of international stature and an administrator. The candidate should be a strategic thinker with the ability to enhance the potential of the university. He should be able to provide leadership to the fast-growing institution, creatively respond to future challenges and transform the organization into a world-class university.
The candidate for Rector’s position shall have 10 to 15 years of post-PhD experience in academics, research and administration and shall possess a doctorate degree duly recognized by Higher Education with age not exceeding 55 years.
- The Rector's office handles issues regarding academic staff, academic departments and units and teaching.
- These include appointments and promotions, academic positions, evaluation committees, external affairs, research and study abroad, supporting conferences & books publication etc.
- Rector represents the university, is the president of the Governing Council, and is in charge of the institution’s direction, governance and management. In addition, the rector develops the lines of action approved by the relevant collegiate bodies and executes their agreements.
- To perform distinguished leadership in education, academic administration and financial management with a variable track record of initiating and managing change, strategic planning and overseeing the implementation of plans through outcomes.
- It is expected to strategically market the institution within and outside the country to its true business potential and to attract the best faculty/professionals and students.
- To represent UMT effectively, nationally and internationally especially with the Government, business and the wider community.
- To have in-depth knowledge of the major developments in higher education learning and teaching with the ability to create linkages and networks.
- To focus on challenges of a rapidly changing technological environment as well as societal needs through the best affordable academic programs at par with leading global standards, within Pakistan.
- The Rector informs the University Board of Directors in a comprehensive and timely manner about all matters that are likely to have considerable influence on the future development of the university.
- Exercising effective leadership in a joint effort with the Board to implement the mission of the University, as delineated in role and scope statements approved by the Board.
- Maintaining lawful, equitable and efficient personnel programs, including the appointment of qualified persons to the faculty and schools’ staff, promotion, retention or dismissal for cause of the same.
- Passing a resolution in case of all statutory/or other proceedings.
- To control ongoing development and operation of the quality management system.
- Representing the university at committees and other meetings.
- Running the University and representing it at institutional, legal and administrative levels.
- Presiding academic events
- Signing collaboration agreements and other agreements/contracts.
- Monitoring and assessing the fulfilment of the University's policies, plans, projects, programmes and objectives
Apply for Rector/Vice-Chancellor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly