Business System Analyst
Job Title: Business System Analyst
Location: Green Bay
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 602312
Reports To: Director, Enterprise Applications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: Less than 5%
Salary Grade: C
Positions Supervised: None
Position #: 03100095
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am -4:30 pm; Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
MINIMUM SALARY: $65,273/year
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
The Business System Analyst (BSA) will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, polices and operations of the organization and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. They will use their skills and understanding of the college operations to help people find technology solutions they need to achieve the organizations goals.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- The BSA will inspire and shape business demand for technology solutions and services and ensure that the potential business value from those solutions and services is fully captured, optimized, and recognized.
- Serve as the business relationship liaison for assigned departments, providing a single point of contact for customers into the IIT organization.
- Learn department business processes.
- Become familiar with all department plans and strategy.
- Assist the department in the annual budget request process.
- The BSA ensures that business strategies fully leverage current technology capabilities, and that the technology capabilities enable business strategies.
- Verifies success of business change initiatives that result from new projects by tracking and reviewing performance, identify ways to increase the business value from new technologies, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles.
- The BSA collects the business requirements from customers and translates them into specifications with the IIT technical staff.
- Review systems and advise stakeholders on ways to make processes more efficient and staff more productive.
- Assist with the implementation of business solutions.
- Articulate business analysis results clearly and concisely to systems development staff.
- Help customers create test plans that are mapped back to system requirements.
- Complete testing activities and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Work with stakeholders to define and document business rules and procedures.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing without authority
- Proven decision-making skills leading to successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to present complex issues and contribute to high level discussions
- Strong organization and time management skills; able to manage tasks simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentially
- Detail oriented with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Active Listening - actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Written and Oral – communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - take care of the customers’ needs while following College procedures.
- Creative – think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Initiative – make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized –follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building – effectively build relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Research Skills – design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: Minimum 3 years proven experience with building customer relationships is required. Knowledge of Higher Education and technology operations are recommended.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Strong keyboarding, use of Microsoft Office suite and general technology acumen.
Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the District’s standard insurance policy terms.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Talent and Culture.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes. Inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies may be directed to the Chief Officer for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at (920) 498-6826 or [email protected].