Administrative Assistant I
Screens telephone calls and visitors. Independently handles routine matters and forwards to appropriate parties. Provides administrative support including sorting mail, processing printing requests, and assisting with basic technology. Prepares background and support materials upon instruction when needed; edits, formats and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others, including mailing and preparation support. Provides support for events and outreach upon request and as needed. May attend meetings and provide minutes. Provides support for creating and filing hard copy and digital files and records as directed. Enters, updates and retrieves information as needed. Gathers and consolidates background information for reports, utilizing available resources such as departmental files, policy and procedure documents, Internet research, and communication with internal and external contacts. Prepares general work and support for building coordination and technology requests; provide support for classroom access, key and parking requests. Monitor office and marketing supply inventory and report and track needs. Provides back up for administrative assistant II and college departments when needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support.
- As the first point of contact for the office, having a well-developed customer service and team-oriented philosophy is essential.
- The candidate must maintain consistent dependability and possess excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with the public, employees and students in a courteous, respectful and efficient manner.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, maintaining a professional business etiquette while projecting a welcoming and positive attitude towards all internal and external parties.
- Ability to positively contribute as part of a team through efficient planning, prioritization and execution of multiple and continuing assignments with general, guided instruction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prior experience working in an academic support and/or office setting.
- Familiarity with Adobe software and cloud-based applications.
Organization: Academic Affairs Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Jun 2, 2021