Job Title: Admissions Officer
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228202
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Admissions Officer for the Undergraduate Admissions department on the Gainesville campus. The admissions officer provides accurate and timely information about UNG academic and co-curricular program offerings, services, costs and financial aid to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, and other influencers, evaluates applications for admission and makes admission decisions (including those for international applicants), counsels prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, and other influencers on the admissions and enrollment process.Responsibilities
- Evaluates applications for admission and makes admission decisions.
- Acts as Admissions Officer of the Day (AOD), which involves presenting information to tour groups and communicating with prospective students, parents and/or influencers via phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Assists the chair of the Residency Committee by evaluating Student Residency petition for In-State Tuition decisions.
- Assists the Assistant Director by evaluating international student application evaluations, and is responsible for keeping the Undergraduate Admissions international student spreadsheet updated.
- Assists with weekly file evaluation auditing reports assigned by the Assistant Director.
- Serves on various admissions or UNG committees as directed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to make strong presentations to groups of prospective students and parents.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds, work without supervision, multi-task, manage workload, and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of higher education experience to include enrollment management and/or admissions and/or Financial Aid and/or Sales & Marketing preferred.
- Proficiency with the SCT Banner student information system desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) is desired.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/16/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references