Job Title: C-Print Captionist
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228225
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a C-Print Captionist. This is a full-time C-Print Captionist and accommodated test facilitator position. C-Print Captioning is a computerized transcription of a live lecture in the classroom used for deaf and hard of hearing students. The C-Print Captionist will have excellent typing skills, spelling and grammar skills, organizational and note-taking skills, and strong technology skills in general. The C-Print Captionist must relate well to individuals with a variety of disabilities, and possess the ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other professionals. Must have excellent office skills. Training specific to C-Print Captioning will be provided. Experience as a C-Print Captionist and/or as an Assistive Technology Specialist is preferred. This position may require flexible work hours.Responsibilities
- Engage in professional development related to C-Print Captioning and accommodated testing. Keep current with new software/technologies
- Provide C-Print Captioning for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students in the classroom and provide C-Print notes
- Serve as the Accommodated Testing Facilitator for the Cumming campus, which includes being the liaison between students and faculty, and with the Test Facilitator on the Gainesville Campus.
- Train students on assistive technology, and set up technology such as screen readers and voice recognition
- Collaborate with I.T. department regarding assistive technology and DETI regarding video captioning
- Meet with students each semester to review accommodations and procedures
- Participate in orientation resource fairs and other student disability services workshops
- Provide office coverage and various other duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and communicate in writing college level material.
- Good spelling and grammar skills
- Good organizational and note-taking skills
- Strong technology skills, with aptitude for learning new programs
- Ability to effectively multi-task around a sometimes rapidly changing daily agenda
- Must have good communication skills and relate well with students, parents, faculty, staff and other professionals.
- Associate's degree required
- Typing skills at least 50 words per minute with accuracy is required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience as a C-Print Captionist and/or as an Assistive Technology Specialist is preferred.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
7/1/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information for three professional references