Lecturer of English
Job Title: Lecturer of English
Location: UNG - Online
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228214
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia (UNG) in partnership with USG eCore seeks a dynamic, innovative full-time online faculty member with a successful track record of teaching English courses in higher education.Responsibilities
- This non-tenure-track, renewable faculty position will be assigned ten courses per contract term (roughly 5/5 load), which are taught fully online using Desire-to-Learn (GoView).
- This position is responsible for providing quality online instruction, facilitation, and student engagement.
- Faculty are expected to be available for online office hours and online chats with students in addition to being engaged in course instruction, discussions, and at-risk reporting as outlined the eCore teaching MOU and policy handbook).
- Applicants are expected to have at a minimum a Master of Arts degree in English or a closely related field (Ph.D. is ideal) with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework in English.
- Ideal candidates will have an academic grounding in Composition and Rhetoric pedagogy and demonstrated skill in teaching college composition and literature to an online audience.
- Ideal candidates will have an academic grounding in the specific subject area of coursework related to assigned teaching responsibilities and demonstrated skill in teaching college level.
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level, with at least one year of successful online teaching
- A commitment to supporting student success within a diverse student population in an online learning environment
- Ability to breakdown and disseminate difficult concepts in a manner to facilitate student understanding
- Experience working with non-traditional learners
- Prior experience with eCore or online learning and learning management systems
- A successful completion of eCore teaching certification is required.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.