Dean - School of Business and Economics
University of Management and Technology (UMT), Lahore, Pakistan, is seeking an accomplished, innovative, collaborative and engaging academician for the position of Dean for its School of Business and Economics (SBE). Come and join an experienced and highly motivated team with a commitment to ensure academic excellence and provide leadership to our students and faculty. The Dean will report to the Pro-Rector/ Rector for Academic and Research matters of the School.
UMT is one of the most prestigious higher educational intuitions in Pakistan by virtue of its accreditations and accomplishments. It has 15 schools, 3 institutes, 40 academic departments and 13 centres. Being a leading University, established in 1990, currently have 3-campuses across Pakistan with more than 25,000 registered students, 30,000+ Alumni and 800+ faculty members with 220+ PhDs from all around the globe.
School of Business and Economics (SBE) at UMT is ranked in the top 5 business schools of Pakistan and has also received South Asian Quality Systems (SAQS) and National Business Education Accreditation Council (NBEAC) accreditations. Featured as “Best Business School in Asia 2020” by NEWSWEEK. Besides, it has 33+ PhDs Faculty, 200+ Industrial Memorandum of Understanding, 2100+ students and 6000+ Alumni. Its programs are designed to equip future leaders, professionals and executives in the fields of Marketing, Management, Economics, Human Resource, Supply Chain, Information Systems, Quantitative Methods and Finance. School also provide services in the field of research as it has four research centres namely, Center for Supply Chain Research, Center for Graduate Research, Center for enterprise and Technology Advancement and Center for Multidisciplinary Research.
Dean is the highest administrative and academic position in the school, responsible for all aspects related to students, faculty members, degree programs, standards, revenue figures and operations of the school. The Dean is the overall academic and administrative head, accountable for the achievement of all academic, operational and strategic goals.
- Create a strategic vision and manage strategic planning processes aligned with broader university strategic goals.
- Provide transformative leadership and advocacy for the school and university.
- Provide leadership to initiatives that foster and enhance inclusive excellence, multicultural and global competence in the school of Business and Economics.
- Promote the value of liberal education as envisioned in university and national organizations.
- Represent SBE and university to the state university system and to the community at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Identify, attract, and strategically manage financial resources for SBE.
- Provide internal leadership and mentorship to department chairs, faculty, staff, and students.
- Oversee the branding and marketing efforts of SBE to enhance the school’s visibility and reputation.
- Responsible for overall planning, development, renewal and changing of academic programmes to ensure meaningful academic outcomes, quality, effectiveness and financial viability, and obtain the necessary approval of the Faculty Board and Top Management.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with the alumni and faculty members of the SBE in order to secure financial resources through development efforts and initiatives.
- Assure ongoing quality and continuous improvement in the school’s academic program array at both the undergraduate and graduate level, and in both traditional and online programs.
- Foster and support relationships with the state and regional business community, in particular, encouraging and supporting business and economic outreach activities and fostering collaboration among the outreach units.
- Foster an environment of innovation, collegiality, collaboration, inclusivity and support where faculty, staff and students thrive.
- Ensure implementation of university-wide policies and regulation within the School.
- Prepare and monitor sustainable assessment and accreditation compliance of SBE.
- Fulfil the administrative responsibility for all aspects of the School including student retention and success; faculty recruitment, professional development and evaluation; program development, assessment and improvement; budget management and fundraising, and other matters related to the well-being of the school and its faculty, staff and students.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to promote UMT’s mission and vision.
- PhD Degree in any area of management recognized from a Higher Education Commission
- Shall have 15 years of teaching experience from a national or international institute and shall have research orientation.
- Shall have at least 15 research publications in internationally recognized journals
- Served as full Professor for at least 5 years in a university or on a C-suite or CEO position in any national or international organization.
- Must have leadership, analytical and interpersonal skills
Apply for Dean - School of Business and Economics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly