Information Security Analyst
University of Scranton
Information Security Analyst
The University is committed to providing an educational, residential, and working environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. Members of the University community, applicants for employment or admissions, guests and visitors have the right to be free from harassment or discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of employment.
Anyone who has questions about the University’s Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy, or the University’s Non-Discrimination or Anti-Harassment Policy, or wishes to report a possible violation of one of the policy should contact:
Elizabeth M. Garcia
Title IX Coordinator
The Office of Equity and Diversity
Institute of Molecular Biology & Medicine, Rm 311
The University is a Catholic and Jesuit University animated by the spiritual vision and the tradition of excellence characteristic of the Society of Jesus and those who share in its way of proceeding. All candidates must indicate how they would help communicate and support the Catholic and Jesuit identity and mission of the University. The University’s mission statement and a description of the history and concepts of the Ignatian teaching philosophy may be found at https://www.scranton.edu/about/jesuit-tradition/index.shtml.
Reporting to the Associate CIO, the Information Security Analyst will be responsible for assisting with daily security operations, implementing new cybersecurity projects, and support for the University's Information Security Program.
- Identify vulnerabilities that may cause inappropriate or accidental access, disclosure, modification, or destruction of information
- Collaborate with other areas of IT to suggest and implement technologies to secure the computing environment
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents
- Monitor relevant security discussion lists and websites to keep abreast of security concerns that may affect the campus
- Communicate and educate the campus community about cybersecurity issues and best practices
- Compile and analyze data
- Prepare clear, technically sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Monitor Splunk and respond to alerts
- Monitor and tune Intrusion Detection System rules for potential threats
- Assist with endpoint security including virus/malware removal, quarantine, etc
- Monitor ticketing system, respond to customers, and process security requests ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information
- Monitor various security consoles and dashboards for abnormal activity
- Monitor Active Directory change logs
- Perform system and application vulnerability scans
Additional Skills Required:
- Security Information and Event
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Digital forensics
- Linux and Windows administration
- Must be able to respect, support and contribute to the University’s Catholic and Jesuit mission
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree required
Minimum Job Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in IT Security is required - Well-developed troubleshooting and problem-solving skills - Knowledge of endpoint detection and response solutions - Experience with vulnerability management tools - Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems - Must be able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments while meeting deadlines - Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Full Time/Part Time:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://universityofscrantonjobs.com/postings/5259
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency