Office Support Assistant IV, Registration and Records, 27986
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 36805
Office of Registration and RecordsJob Description
The Office of Registration and Records is seeking qualified applicants to serve as an Office Support Assistant IV. Duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service in a professional and courteous manner to patrons who walk-in, call or email.
- Phone coverage in a shared phone queue system is required at all times. Walk-in/front desk coverage is also part of this role as indicated by the office traffic or by the supervisor on duty.
- Serve as the key person for processing registration and grade related forms, such as add/drops, grade changes, GPA adjustments, FT/PT certification, study abroad enrollments, honors designation, etc.
- Serve as the main contact and processor for the Missouri Seniors Program.
- Serve as the trainer for registration related processing. This may include training student assistants and other staff on assisting in the processing queue and in troubleshooting registration requests for backup or other purposes. This role works closely with any staff covering the registrar email where many registration related documents are sent.
- Serve as back-up processor for other queues or processes as needed such as transcript tracking, enrollment certifications, transcript batches, as requested by walk-in, fax or mailed requests.
- Assist the student service team with other tasks such as processing documents, assisting with mail processing or delivery, transcript production, scanning of other documents, and certification of enrollments as needed especially during peaks or gaps in coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessaryFull Time/Part Time
Full-time, benefits eligibleSalary
$14.00 - 14.28/hr commensurate with experience and educationApplication Deadline
June 15, 2021Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of five references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (800) 488-5288.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.