Technology Specialist II
Technology Specialist IIRequisition IDreq879DepartmentInformation TechnologyCampusSY-Sylvania CampusEmployment TypeClassified-Full TimeJob Close DateApply Immediately; This jobposting will close once sufficient qualified applications have beenreceived.Position SummaryThe System Administrator has end-to-end responsibility for administering the college's Windows, Linux and other OS platform environments; participates in or leads projects to offer new functionality within these platforms, and participates in or leads projects involving related servers, software and applications. This includes assessing user and application administrator needs for servers, researching and recommending potential vendor solutions, developing applications when appropriate, integrating new applications into the existing PCC environment, and supporting applications once they are installed. Candidate is expected to debug issues and perform maintenance like patching, dispatching tickets, participating in information security audits, and installing security updates. The System Administrator will also work with other teams at PCC to develop communication and/or training material as part of rolling out new servers and system upgrades.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Experience with enterprise backup such as Avamar, NetBackup
- Experience in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least Bash and PowerShell
- In-depth knowledge of server hardening and Security
- Experience with Network Performance Monitor such as Nagios and SolarWinds
- Strong communication and procedure documentation skills
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Associate’s degree in a computer or other related technical discipline. (Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)
- Two years of applied work experience in server and/or network support services are also required.
- Must possess state-of-the-art knowledge of computer network and/or server technology such as TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows, UNIX, LINUX and NetWare, and be familiar with hardware and software diagnostics. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing one of the following certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Experience in managing enterprise Linus and Windows Server Administration in a large information technology organization above the minimum qualifications is preferred.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work schedule requirements include early and late hours and weekends to meet timelines, provide off-hour maintenance, and respond to emergency situations.
- Must provide own transportation for travel between campuses and off-site locations.
- Work is performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and work pressure due to multiple priorities and deadlines. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis.
- The work environment also includes high computer-related noise levels (may require use of ear plugs), paper and equipment generated dust and exposure to cleaning fluids and other materials for cleaning equipment.
- Position involves some medium to heavy lifting.
- Routine standing, walking and lifting of equipment (30-50 pounds).
- Learned physical skill for keyboarding and operating complex network and computing equipment.
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA