Clinical Education Coordinator
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 2 Year DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category Admin - ClericalDescription ABOUT US
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world.Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement. CORE VALUES
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfilment in a climate of giving, doing, loving and serving from a place of abundance. PURPOSE
Under minimal supervision of the Dean of Clinical Competency, the Clinical Education Coordinator assists the Dean of Clinical Competency and the Competency department with daily tasks and special projects, working with other college departments, faculty, staff, and students. RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate the 3 major competency exams including its remake: Entrance, Mids, and Exit (ICE) ExamsContact interns and mock patients with schedulesMaintain accurate records of student participationEdit and proofread all competency exams (written and practical, including remake)Responsible for putting all the exams togetherCreate intern and doctor folders, and fill folders with all necessary documents Responsible for preparing rosters of exam candidates. Compare roster on CAMS (students registered) and students on my list that are actually qualified to take it. Have to make sure students meet the requirements. Collate grade sheets, Input and assist in grading of Coordinate lunches on testing dates Work with the AV department to make sure sound system and recordings are in placeAssist students through the exam appeal process by giving them an exam review, instructions, and appointments. Maintain accurate records of students’ exam results in collaboration with the Health Center Program AnalystOversee communication with examiners Monitor students during post-test review of their exams and schedule intern’s individual reviewsResponsible for posting grades in a timely and efficient manner. Coordinate operations of the Clinical Education and Competency departments and work effectively with other college departments such as the Health Center Registrar, Health Center Operations Manager, Office of Academic Affairs, Student Life, College Registrar, Campus Enhancement, etc. and any outside persons/organizations involved.Assist and advise student interns regarding their clinic progress in collaboration with the Dean of Clinical Education, Office of Academic Affairs and the College RegistrarPrepare student intern success plans for the Director of the Clinical Standards Committee (CSC) and/or the Dean of Clinical Education.Maintain open communication with HC Faculty, administration and students via the CANVAS (Learning Management System)Assist with calculating grades and reporting them to the College Registrar Calculating interns’ clinic completions and requirements. Checking adjustment numbers, hours, patient visits, assessment requirements etc.Provide Campus Enhancement with room setups for various events and examsProvide student exam results to HC Registrar to update student information in Chiro ClinicWork with the HC Operations Manager and Executive Assistant to the Health Center in operational matters as they relate to the clinical education of the studentsRoom reservation and providing exam dates to Student Life Assist with coordinating the placement of student interns under their Mentors/Practice Advisors each quarter
- CCE Meta-competency Compliance
- Manage referral list and educational material for the Life West Health Center
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of necessary Faculty training material for Intern assessment and student portfolio compliance
- Coordinate and aid the Health Center’s Program Analyst and Registrar with Qualtrics assessment tools and screens as it relates to graduation requirement tracking
Coordinate the Freshmen/Intern Meet and Greet Event for incoming HC student Interns
- Prepare and provide accurate information to the mentors about the incoming clinic class
- Make sure students are qualified for the draft
- Post results in a timely manner and update Advisor/Advisee spreadsheet with the results
Prepare and coordinate the Health Center Recognition Seminar each quarter by preparing the agenda, coordinating with AV and campus enhancement for seminar stage set-up etc.
- Coordinate the Health Center Recognition Seminar
- Calculate honors by calculating adjustment numbers via Chiro Clinic
- Create certificates and awards
Distribute daily Health Center campus inter-office mailOrder and distribute Health Center faculty and staff suppliesParticipate in the weekly Health Center Administration Meeting Prepare syllabi for Health Center facultyPrepare student intern badges for incoming student internsAbide by HIPAA & FERPA laws regarding confidential patient and student informationServe with confidentiality Other duties as required
- Calculate and determine all Health Center honors and recognition levels and produce accompanying certificates and medals
- Prepare & Coordinate the ballot for the Clinical Excellence Award for each Recognition Seminar
.GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTSBA/BS with 2 years of administrative experience. Experience in Higher Education/Clinical setting preferred. Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.Ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve.Accuracy and attention to detail.Able to work independently (handle projects from start to finish).Must be able to maintain confidentiality.Computer skills including Windows and MS Office programs. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Values, Mission and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's values, mission and goals as set out in the college Strategic Plan..
- Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community and fellow employees.
- Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
- Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
- Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
- Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
- Able to spend long hours sitting, standing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment with extensive contact with the public
- Shifts are generally Mondays through Fridays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- May occasionally work evenings and weekends as needed in relation to the Competency department’s testing needs.
Life West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the College's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors except where otherwise provided by law.This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Life Chiropractic College West. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT
I have read this job description and discussed it with my supervisor.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University