Under the general direction of the Dean, The Assistant Dean is responsible for the delivery of services that provide support and guidance to students in accessing and successfully completing their academic goals. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Dean of Instruction is to support and advise the delivery of educational programs with an emphasis on quality instruction and student access. The Assistant Dean assists and informs the Dean in all matters of administrative and academic concern and is responsible for special projects or programs as assigned. The Assistant Dean collaborates with others throughout the College to promote unity and further the vision and mission of the College of Western Idaho.
• Assist the Dean in providing leadership and management of day-to-day school operations and direct the school in the Dean's absence. This includes demonstrating initiative in maintaining and improving the quality of instruction and learning.
• Advise and assist in the planning and development of the school.
• Assist the Dean in liaison with department chairs and coordinators, and schedule/coordinate meetings with them as well ass with faculty in general.
• Provide input on budgets for related operations and special projects in the school.
• Be responsible for special projects or programs as assigned.
• Provide information for enrollment management, strategic planning, reports, and schedules to the Dean, as requested.
• Act as a resource person for students, faculty, and department chairs.
• Advise students in academic difficulty (probation, dismissal, course repeat for the third time).
• Prepare or assist in the preparation of documents such as reviews and reports according to CWI policy.
• Assist the Dean in managing the implementation of grants and other funding for the school.
• Serve on the Grants Committee.
• Work closely with department chairs ensuring that data are collected from faculty, semester and annual reports are prepared and assessment plans are developed. Evaluate data and recommend means of improvement to the Dean.
• Exhibit initiative, enthusiasm, collegiality, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Full-time teaching experience, preferably at the community college level.
• 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in education, partnership building, and collaboration.
• Familiarity and understanding of the mission of the college.
• Career & Technical and Transfer experience preferred.
• Teaching experience in school-related discipline preferred.
Additional Application Instructions:
We are looking for an energetic team member for this unique position at CWI. Please submit a cover letter that addresses your leadership progression to this point including specific skills attained.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.