Assistant ProfessorJob Posting Number:
Political SciencePosition Description:
Texas State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor level to teach required and elective graduate courses in the Legal Studies Program, which consists of both a Master of Arts with a major in Legal Studies program and a post-baccalaureate Paralegal Studies certificate program. Salary commensurate with qualifications. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications:
1) Earned Doctor of Jurisprudence (J.D.) degree from an ABA accredited U.S. law school;
2) Minimum of 5 years of general law practice experience;
3) Willingness and ability to teach courses offered as day and evening classes covering the areas of litigation, legal technology, and legal research and writing; and
4) Willingness and ability to produce sustained, peer-reviewed scholarship in the field of law.
1) Collegiate teaching experience in a legal studies or paralegal program, preferably at the graduate-school level or in a program approved by the American Bar Association;
2) Teaching experience in one or more of the following areas: litigation, legal research, legal writing, including legal citation, family law, real estate law, and estates and trusts;
3) Demonstrated potential in scholarly research and publication in the field of law;
4) Recent law practice experience, including experience working with paralegals, in one or more of the following areas, preferably in Texas: litigation, family law, real estate law, and estates and trusts;
5) Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student body;
6) Demonstrated proficiency with law office technology, including electronic discovery;
7) Willingness and ability to assist in program administration responsibilities; and
8) Effective interpersonal skills.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34932.
To assure full consideration, please submit the following before August 15, 2021: A letter of intent addressing required and preferred qualifications, current curriculum vitae, college transcript(s), samples of scholarly work (presentations and/or publications), syllabi (if available), and three letters of recommendation.
Note that as part of our application process, we are requesting 3 letters of reference. Please provide the names and email addresses for your references in the Reference Letter section of the employment application. Upon submission of your application, an automated email will be generated and sent to your references with instructions on how to attach the reference letter to your application through a confidential online portal.
Candidates selected for interviews will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting universities.
Inquiries about this position may be directed to Ms. Chris Williams, Administrative Assistant, Department of Political Science at [email protected] or 512-245-2233.Proposed Start Date:
Spring 2022Review Date:
08/15/2021Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: