Human Resources and Faculty Affairs Administrator
Human Resources and Faculty Affairs Administrator🔍School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences, Stanford, California, United States📁Human Resources📅Jun 01, 2021 Post Date📅89803 Requisition #Human Resources and Faculty Affairs Administrator
Job Grade: G
The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (Stanford Earth) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges. We are looking for a full-time administrative professional to provide Human Resources and Faculty/Academic Affairs support as part of a small team of professionals in the school’s dean’s office. Our team provides a full range of employment and appointment support for our diverse group of employees and visitors consisting of academic and non-academic staff, research staff, temporary and casual employees, student employees and faculty. If you are organized, highly motivated, up for a challenge, willing to work hard … and have a great sense of humor, this may be the right opportunity for you! Some of your responsibilities:
- Support and coordinate all types of employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process as needed.
- Assist with the management of the faculty and academic staff, appointments/reappointments processes (transactions and documentation).
- Manage and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating and reviewing FASA and PeopleSoft transactions. Monitor personnel action reporting to ensure data integrity and compliance, and research and resolve pay issues.
- Analyze and interpret policies; develop, revise and implement procedures. Resolve issues as appropriate. Provide advice on processes and procedures.
- Coordinate the communication and management of the annual performance appraisal and salary planning processes. Gather data, and/or generate reports to support the performance appraisal and salary planning processes.
- Assist with management of the school fellowship nomination/application/appointment processes.
- Provide reporting and analysis for various activities and programs.
- Create and maintain digital personnel, human resources, and appointment files.
- Provide general administrative support for human resources staff, including acting as the web administrator by updating and creating website content.
Associate degree and four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience applying and interpreting human resources policies and procedures.
- Experience successfully managing programs and/or projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to independently draft effective correspondence and documentation.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Stanford University systems and policies
- Experience working with faculty in an academic school or unit
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Certification
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, you must submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application. The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4702
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://radiology.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89803