Program Management Specialist (Insurance Specialist)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute of Human Virology (IHV) - THRIVE program is our outpatient HIV practice located at University of Maryland Midtown Campus. THRIVE is in need of a Program Management Specialist (Insurance Specialist) to support patients in obtaining or maintaining health insurance. This position will work alongside a team of social workers and other psychosocial support services.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Assists in the management of assigned program or supervision of an operational unit. Assists in the planning and implementation of new or revised programs, procedures, practices and organization.
- Assists in or conducts studies and analyses of programs, organizations, procedures, or systems of limited scope or assists senior specialists in more complex projects.
- Collects, compiles, and organizes data pertinent to various ongoing studies. Analyzes, summarizes, and communicates this information to appropriate officials.
- Assists in the preparation of final reports, recommendations, and other information resources for the improvement of the organizational element or its programs.
- Assists in planning and coordinating administrative activities of a program, such as assisting in the formulation and preparation of the organizations`s budgets, grant proposals, and project proposals.
- Conducts basic efficiency, time and cost studies and analyses of work processes and systems. Prepares simple statistical tables and charts, staffing patterns, work flow and organization charts.
- Establishes effective communication channels and acts as liaison between the program and officials within and outside the institution.
- Works with patients to obtain health insurance. Develops and maintains system for patients overall health insurance recertification.
- Assist patients with applying for prescription assistance programs and complicated insurance navigation.
- Increase health literacy among patients regarding their health insurance benefits.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Two (2) years' experience in administrative staff work.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).
Salary Range: $40,487 - $48,780.49
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected].
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Institute of Human Virology
Job Posting: Jun 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 15, 2021, 10:59:00 PM