Program Manager OR Program Director
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Center for Vaccine Development and Global Health (CVD) brings together more than four decades of innovative and life-saving research on vaccines and infectious diseases. http://www.medschool.umaryland.edu/cvd/ As an organized research center within the University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM), CVD comprises a multi-disciplinary team of faculty and staff whose primary mission is to develop, evaluate, and implement vaccines and other interventions to reduce illness and mortality domestically and in less developed countries. We work to prevent and treat enteric and respiratory diseases, to reduce the threat of malaria and antimicrobial resistance, and to identify, understand and combat other tropic and emerging pathogens burdening low resource settings. Training is a critical component of our work to ensure the foundation for the next generation of scientists and researchers committed to our mission.
The CVD is seeking a Program Manager or Program Director (commensurate with experience) to join our team. The position will provide high level administrative and program oversight for multiple programs within the Center. This position will assist in the development, implementation, tracking, and forecast analysis of these programs. The position will assist with developing program goals and milestones and manage communication between internal and external stakeholders. This position will collaborate closely with faculty, program administration, and sponsors.
In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Manage multiple substantive programs within the Center. Coordinate and oversee the daily program activities and content. Support and closely work with administration to implement and achieve the program goals and milestones.
- Program responsibilities include: project management, education & training tracking, program forecasting, event planning, web content, budgeting & financial reporting, data analysis, coordinating clinical research logistics, and basic financial analyses.
- Prepare monthly reports on activities, progress, and status on programs.
- Maintain functional efficiency and productivity by developing, implementing, and coordinating policies and procedures.
- Proactively identify and anticipate barriers or delays in program activities, and work with responsible individuals with problem resolution efforts.
- Promote timely decision making and information transmission among members of research teams.
- Prepare budgets and financial reports, including assisting with the tracking of financial and business transactions, contracts, and funding profiles.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Four (4) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination. International experience preferred.
Other: No substitution of experience for minimum education requirement. Program Director
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Six (6) years of program oversight including program planning, budget, and coordination. International experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
Other: No substitution of experience for minimum education requirement. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Thorough knowledge of position requirements. Thorough knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to support a mission and strategic vision. Instructional, training, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships. Skill in consultation and change management. Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration, Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected].
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Centers/Programs/ORCs
Job Posting: Jun 1, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 22, 2021, 10:59:00 PM