TEMP-Business Ops Support (Admission Advisor I)
Job Title: TEMP-Business Ops Support (Admission Advisor I)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job ID: 228118
The Part-time Reader will read and review assigned applications for The Office of Undergraduate Admission during the initial review for all first year applicants. In some cases, Part-time Readers will be asked to assist with additional portions of first-year applicant review. Duties for the Part Time Reader include the evaluation of admission applications and supporting materials.Responsibilities
Job Duty 1 -
Perform duties related to professional field assignment.
Job Duty 2 -
Participate in reviews for compliance with policy and governmental regulations in the field.
Job Duty 3 -
Provide input to department policies and procedures.
Job Duty 4 -
May provide input to and administer project timelines and budgets.
Job Duty 5 -
May interact with vendors regarding procurement and delivery issues.
Job Duty 6 -
Perform other duties as assigned
- Evaluate applications for first-year admission and recommend decisions with the intent of meeting enrollment goals for the Institution.
- Become adept at reading high school transcripts and high school profiles within the application review process first-year applicants.
- Evaluate a student’s personal essay and accompanying recommendation letters.
- Evaluate the time and talent required of varied extracurricular activities, leadership, and work experiences. Assess quality and depth of these experiences.
- In some cases, work with The Office of Special Scholarship, in the evaluation of possible candidates.
- Ability to learn about international credentials in their national/international context, determine equivalencies, and apply this information to the holistic application review process.
- Appreciate the differences between applicants’ profiles (first generation, rural/urban, etc.), and understand the demands of a Georgia Tech education. Part-time readers will not work fall and winter holiday weeks Pending the number of First-year Applications received, Part-time readers’ work may be complete as early as mid-February.Part-time readers must commit to a minimum of 20-32 hours a week, with the exception of official school holidays.File Review is done throughout the work week, with some opportunity to fulfill hours on the weekend.Part-time readers will work no more than thirty-two hours per week, and hours are contingent upon the volume of applications received.Work will be conducted remotely from your residence.Parking is not provided.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Up to two years of job related experience
- Required:Bachelor’s degreeStrong time management, organizational, and critical thinking skills, as well as independent initiative
This job requires application of professional principles, processes and practices; application of regulations; utilization of basic and advanced computer applications including those specific to areas of responsibility; communication skills.
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.Other Information
Conflicts of Interest and Restrictions:
Given the sensitive nature of the admission selection process, and in an effort to avoid any potential conflicts of interest, seasonal readers may not be the parent, guardian, or immediate family member of a rising high school student who is planning to apply to college (to Georgia Tech or elsewhere). Exceptions can be made for Part-time Readers who have previously been employed within our office for at least one year. A Part-time Reader can neither be employed by another university or high school, nor be employed independently or with an organization that provides personal college counseling of any type.