Lab Manager and Research Assistant
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-01
The Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy at the University of Virginia is seeking a new Lab Manager and Research Assistant to support faculty members Eileen Chou and Benjamin Converse. The incumbent assists with administering behavioral studies in the lab and in field settings; prepares data sets and conducts basic analyses; builds an active participant pool for research studies; and collaborates to produce experimental stimuli (experience with Media Lab, Direct RT, Qualtrics, Inquisit a plus). The Lab Manager works closely with graduate student and postdoctoral researchers, provides training and supervision to undergraduate research assistants, and coordinates data collection. The incumbent provides administrative support such as ordering supplies and organizing lab meetings, and meets with the principal investigators and/or graduate researchers weekly about progress and goal-setting and other duties as assigned. The Lab Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that lab goals are met and progress is tracked.
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Data Science, or a related field and 3 years of related experience in a lab or research setting is required, experience obtained while a student will be considered.
- 6 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated familiarity with social psychology research methods
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team in a collaborative setting
- Highly organized, and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of statistics and proficiency in statistical programming such as SPSS, SAS, Stata, and/or R
- Preference will be given to applicants with knowledge of computer programming (Python, JSON) and/or have working knowledge of APIs.
This position is restricted and contingent upon continuation of funding and satisfactory performance.
The selected applicant will be required to complete a background check prior to their first day of employment per University policy.
Anticipated hiring range: $16.00 - $20.00 / hour
PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for “R0024947".
PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, and search for “R002494
Complete an application online and attach:
·Cover Letter detailing your interest in this position
***Please note that you MUST upload ALL documents into the CV/Resume box.
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. ***
For questions about the application process please contact Rhiannon O'Coin, Senior Academic Recruiter, email@example.com
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.