Undergraduate Office Manager
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-01
The University of Virginia seeks an Undergraduate Office Manager to join the School of Engineering and Applied Science. Our staff work with students, faculty and staff to ensure that all undergraduates in engineering have the opportunity to excel in pursuit of a degree. We support the academic and personal development of our students by providing excellent, friendly and highly accurate service to students with questions about our academic programs and their academic records. Our team manages student records within the Student Information System, with a focus on timeliness and accuracy. We seek to advise students with both academic and personal challenges with compassion and common sense.
The Undergraduate Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Management of the business administrative needs of office ranging from supporting with Student Information System management, tracking of student contact and follow-up, purchasing, coordinating calendars, and general communication; Backup other office staff, such as the registrar, during high workload seasons; Providing direct support for scheduling and communications of the Associate Dean. Ensure development of inclusive and welcoming office environment. Additional administrative responsibilities include office budget reconciliation; procuring office supplies, creating reports using University Business Intelligence; providing administrative support for school level committees
- Work with key stakeholders such as Orientation, Student Health, Dean of Students Office, University Registrar, Student Records, and Financial Aid to continually develop streamlined processes that enhance the undergraduate experience.
- Conduct assessment on services and environment provided to students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Provide biannual report with recommendations of improvements and suggestions for future areas of growth.
- Provide assistance with cross training school staff on best practices and usage of technology and website editing.
- Provide reports to inform policy development or outreach to students; Update accreditation website with enrollment and graduation statistics; Assist with data for ABET accreditation process; Assist with data analysis for reports and presentations.
- Responsible for web content management; Office communications to students, such as school-wide emails and newsletters; Responsible for coordination and execution of major events and processes under the umbrella of the Undergraduate Program Office such as Engineering Open House, Fall Major Nights, major selection, advisor assignments, summer and fall orientation. Collaborate with School stakeholders on graduation programming.
- Bachelor's degree with at least two years of relevant exempt level experience in finance and budget. Relevant exempt level experience may substitute for a degree.
- Experience working with students in a higher education setting
- Demonstrated commit to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion
This position will remain open until filled. This is an Exempt level, benefited position. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply through Workday, and search for "Undergraduate Office Manager". Complete an application online and attach a cover letter and CV/resume all into the resume submission field, multiple documents can be submitted into this one field. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.