Quality Improvement Coord
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-06-01
Responsible for leading and managing quality improvement initiatives impacting core clinical processes and critical patient care functions. Works collaboratively with executive leadership administrators managers and physicians to identify and enhance strategic clinical issues which produce quantitative and qualitative results for both internal and external Medical Center customers.
- Provides effective Project Management/Leadership to ensure completion of Medical Center Quality and Performance Improvement projects to meet goals and objectives.
- Clinical Expertise: Demonstrates clinical expertise in specific patient population(s) related to projects managed.
- Technical Execution: Demonstrates technical execution in collection verification and analysis of data.
- Leadership & Training/Development: Provides leadership and training/development to project team members.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Communicates effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of an accredited program of clinical specialty; i.e. RN Radiography Pharmacy Social Work or Therapy Services. RN preferred.
Experience: 3 years of clinical quality or regulatory experience required; clinical quality or regulatory experience in transplant services preferred.
Licensure: Must hold current License of Specialty area. RN license preferred.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods; Repetitive motion: (computer work). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.