Administrative Assistant - Technology Department (Sierra Vista, AZ)
College of Applied Sci & TechDepartment Website Link:
Sierra Vista, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The College of Applied Science and Technology is seeking an Administrative Support Assistant who will assist the Department Head with the day to day duties and responsibilities of the Department of Applied Technologies. This position is located in Sierra Vista, AZ and may require travel to other UA locations. Provides general administrative functions and assistance, which may include communicating with internal and external stakeholders, preparing documents and reports, compiling records, scheduling, meeting and event coordination, coordinating travel arrangements, organizing and maintaining information, coordinating calendars, composing correspondence and other documents, analyzing data, record keeping, supply inventory, data entry and coordinating website updates.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Calendar - scheduling and deconflicting meetings within the college, university, and external organizations. Includes scheduling the appropriate meeting platform (Zoom, Teams, Room Scheduling, etc)
- Support - provide support in scheduling, resourcing, and supporting department and college level events as required
- Track course scheduling and coordinate with Advising as needed
- Track incomplete status and completion
- Track and manage department syllabi updates
- Track and manage book adoptions. Coordinate with textbook publishers to identify and order desk copies
- Coordinate for and aid students / faculty as needed for program specific information or assistance with policies, practices, and procedures at all levels.
- Coordinate with search committees to process and schedule hiring actions and provide general support as needed.
- Track and coordinate research, grant, and other opportunities to support Departmental research.
- Develop and distribute analytics reports to support department and program directors in support of CAST mission. This will include student enrollment management across various tracking platforms (Analytics, Spreadsheets, CAT).
- PCard - Track and reconcile all department purchases. Coordinate/Communicate with business office as needed.
Awards / Scholarships
- Identify, Track, and Communicate training and scholarship opportunities for students and faculty
- Identify, Track, and Communicate various awards for faculty and staff
- Track and manage community events at various locations.
- Engage with community and corporate partners as needed to schedule and develop opportunities for students and faculty.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Demonstrated experience using the following software/information technologies:
o Microsoft Windows Operating System
o Microsoft Office Suite of tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, & Excel)
o Adobe Acrobat (Reader and Pro Versions)
- Demonstrated experience managing schedules, events, and travel arrangements
- Demonstrated experience tracking and maintaining budgets
- Five or more years of administrative experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, management, or a closely related field
- Experience using the following computer software / information technologies
o Adobe creative cloud suite
o Databases, CRM tools, and/or other web-based data entry applications
- Experience maintaining and updating website
- Demonstrated experience working with industry and government partner organizations is preferred but not required
- Two or more years of experience tracking and managing a budget
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $17.50Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
7/12/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/1/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.