Executive Director, International Marketing and Communications, Arizona Global
Arizona GlobalDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Want to make a Global impact? Join our team of nearly 100 employees representing every region of the world. Arizona Global is the driving force for the University of Arizona's international engagement and education. We are creating new opportunities, advancing cutting-edge learning modalities, and leading the field in international collaboration, research, and innovation in higher education.
The Executive Director, International Marketing is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to ensure that Arizona Global is able to deliver on and advance its critical mission and achieve ambitious goals, as defined in Pillar 4 (Redefining International) of the UArizona strategic plan. The Executive Director will lead international marketing and communications and will oversee tactical execution for Arizona Global, supporting international student enrollments of University of Arizona programs offered worldwide, as well as study abroad opportunities offered for domestic students at worldwide network locations. The incumbent will lead a team that will serve as a liaison to global partner universities, will create content and manage content flow globally, and will produce digital and traditional marketing materials to support all strategic efforts. Success will be primarily measured by increasing enrollment of international students to UArizona’s main campus, international online educational programs, and at UArizona’s worldwide network and dual degree locations in 57 countries around the world.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement country and region-specific growth goals and marketing strategies in collaboration with Arizona Global Leadership Team and global partners.
- Drive marketing strategies to achieve qualified lead and revenue targets for each region / country and provide regular visibility, insights, and agile recommendations to stakeholders.
- Advise global partners of international methodologies and best practices that drive results, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods.
- Oversee relationships with external marketing, ad, and creative agencies and manage marketing spend plan.
- Audit Arizona Global’s social and digital footprints, benchmarking and developing strategies for more effective presence.
- In partnership with internal and external stakeholders, create strategic plans and oversee the execution of in-country/region marketing, including new country/program expansion launch assets.
- Lead and coordinate internal and external communications for Arizona Global.
- Optimize vision for international marketing org structure, hire and develop a highly-functioning team and clearly set expectations for direct reports, evaluate performance and make recommendations to aid their career growth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Multilingual abilities.
• Deep understanding of the demand generation tactics and evolving tools and platforms.
• Superb written communication skills (advertising copy, social media copy, and public relations writing).
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of related work experience,including 3 years of managerial experience.
•Experience in strategic communications, digital marketing, brand and reputation management.
•Experience in the development of international (regional or country-specific) campaigns and execution of paid digital, social advertising, and content syndication.
•Experience with scaling international marketing.
•Experience with graphic design (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
•Experience in Video creation.
•Experience with Content creation and management for social media.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
11Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
6/1/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Applicant needs to provide a link/attachment containing portfolio of past marketing projects in the additional document slot.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.