Executive Communications Manager
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Executive Communications Manager
Position #00784478 – Requisition #21501
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.University Communications has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Executive Communications Manager.
In the heart of downtown Denver, CU Denver combines innovative research and accessible education with the advantages that only a dynamic urban environment can provide. On our campus where all are welcome, we offer the quality education that the University of Colorado is known for at an exceptional value. For nearly 50 years, we have helped 100,000+ graduates achieve their goals.University Communications advances the mission of the university, as well as its reputation and identity as a leading academic and research institution. We are looking for an Executive Communications Manager with experience in speechwriting, editorial writing, messaging, public relations, and social media support for high-level executives.The Executive Communications Manager assists University Communications leadership in managing and executing against the communications needs and plans of the Chancellor and, as needed, of other members of the CU Denver’s executive team. This includes internal and external communications across a variety of channels. The candidate will demonstrate a commitment to equity and consistently uphold other university values.SUPERVISION RECEIVED
Director of Executive CommunicationsResponsibilities
- Write talking points, speeches, op-eds, etc., for the Chancellor and executive team as needed and directed.
- Assist with Chancellor-specific media relations outreach, preparation, and coordination in alignment with an executive communications strategy.
- Manage the Chancellor’s social media accounts in accordance with the executive communications strategy and in coordination with the social media team.
- In collaboration with the Chancellor’s Office, manage the Chancellor’s video production and event needs, including coordinating with video production, IT, and a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Provide day-to-day management of the Chancellor’s website.
- Provide support for crisis/emergency communications as appropriate.
- Write, edit, and proofread publications and marketing collateral as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $62,091 to $67,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism, public relations, or an equivalent field.
- 4+ years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, politics, or a related field.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience in developing and executing company, division, or institution-wide communications strategies and programs.
- Experience supporting internal/executive communications at a complex organization that has a variety of stakeholders.
- Background in speechwriting and executive communications support.
- Experience supporting internal communications in times of crisis/emergency and in times of significant culture or business change.
- Prior experience working in the higher education industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, excellent strategic communications capabilities, and a demonstrated ability to write for executives
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments under deadline pressure.
- Knowledge of administration and management of enterprise email systems.
- Knowledge of website content management systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of executive social media strategies/platforms and channel management.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Very strong research skills.
- Ability to develop relationships across functions and communicate effectively with leadership, supervisors, and colleagues
- Proven discretion with confidential information.
Jun 1, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University