Stewardship & Event Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver
Office of Advancement
Stewardship & Event Coordinator
Position #740837 / Requisition #21542
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Stewardship & Event Coordinator.
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City. CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The Donor and Alumni Engagement Coordinator (AKA Stewardship & Event Coordinator) is responsible for the full execution of event and engagement opportunities for the Office of Advancement, and will provide support and coordination of donor and alumni programs, stewardship and annual giving efforts. The focus of this position is to serve the team in a very collaborative and proactive nature, working with partners and other areas of the University to identify activities that meet strategic priorities and take ownership of the planning, preparation and execution of the engagement activities. This position will work with the Office of Advancement staff, University partners, CU System partners and others across the four CU campuses. This position will report to the Senior Director of Donor and Alumni Engagement but will also work closely with the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement and the rest of the Donor and Alumni Engagement team.
- Create and execute meetings, events and donor gifts that help to advance strategic fundraising objectives, in close collaboration with the Donor and Alumni Engagement team.
- Organize the logistics and participate in the execution of constituent engagement opportunities.
- Coordinate event and meeting logistics and ensure all vendors, materials and staff are aligned with project management plans.
- Coordinate vendors for catering, event décor, audio-visual, event-related design and printing projects, entertainment, etc., working within established event budgets.
- Utilize Advance database to track projected event attendance and manage event mailing lists.
- Coordinate and partner with Advancement Communications on the creation of event-related print and online communications pieces as needed.
- Organize Office of Advancement staff members, students, volunteers, speakers, entertainers and vendors in the planning and execution of events.
- Manage, track and report out on the event budgets.
- Management of on-site production of the event and post-event details.
- Coordination and management of event volunteers (including training).
- Create briefing materials for leadership and analysis of the success of the activity.
- Develop special stewardship projects and personalized experiences and activities, in collaboration with the Donor and Alumni Engagement team, to cultivate and steward donors and alumni.
- Conceptualize, procure, track and maintain inventory of premiums.
- Support the Donor and Alumni Engagement team with project management of programs, new initiatives and appeals.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks and special projects as requested
Salary and Benefits:The hiring range for this position has been established at $44,010 - $58,445 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of professional experience in event planning and management.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 years of professional experience in higher education (or a comparably complex organization), alumni engagement, development, stewardship, advancement services or related field.
- Experience planning high profile events focused on building and increasing awareness of the priorities of the campus ranging in size from 5-500+ attendees.
- Experience working in development, non-profit and/or healthcare industries.
- Ability to manage all aspects of event planning and related finances.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to promote effective working relationships (both within and outside the organization) to accomplish objectives and build team support.
- Outstanding customer service skills; sets high standards and seeks way to improve service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Possess current knowledge of the events industry.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and meet frequent deadlines
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Ability to track and manipulate event data
External RelationsPrimary Location:
May 31, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University