Borrow Direct Program Manager
Working collaboratively with IPLC stakeholders, this individual is responsible for all shared and centralized BorrowDirect software and systems, ensuring reliability and responsiveness to changing requirements. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative colleague who develops and maintains excellent working relationships with member representatives and IPLC leaders and facilitates problem solving, understanding and specification of needs and requirements for BorrowDirect.BorrowDirect, IPLCs flagship program, enables faculty, students, and researchers at participating libraries to discover, request, and rapidly receive materials from 13 of the world’s premier library collectionsThis role can be based remotely.
Borrow Direct Program Manager
Job ID: 2021-12841
# of Openings: 1
Working on behalf of the Ivy Plus Libraries Confederation (IPLC), the BorrowDirect Program Manager (BDPM) is an experienced information professional who leads, supports, and administers the BorrowDirect resource sharing program.
Responsibilities: Program Management of infrastructure and service:
- Submit service tickets to service providers (e.g., OCLC Relais, Atlas Systems, Inc.). Ensure timely ticket completion.
- Communicate system performance (e.g., scheduled or unscheduled downtime, speed, activity level, and delivery time).
- Ensure that shared software meets or exceeds industry standards for security, accessibility, and performance.
- Create and maintain program documentation, including but not limited to reports, policies, procedures, proposals, software configuration instructions, institution-specific information, and routine maintenance tasks.
- In collaboration with relevant IPLC Groups, propose new or revised policies, practices, systems, and system configurations.
Manage the Resource Sharing Assessment Tool (RSAT) which includes BorrowDirect and other resource sharing data:
- Facilitate user access to the tool
- Develop supporting documentation
- Assist IPLC members with training
- Facilitate requirements gathering, feature development and change management.
- Upon request, provide detailed statistics to IPLC groups, such as the Collection Development group, to the degree supported by BorrowDirect software and system.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience performing or supporting access services or IT-related library operations in academic, public, or special libraries.
- Experience creating statistical reports, using database query language (e.g., sql) and standard statistical software.
- Experience working for a library consortium or a diverse and distributed operational community of practice.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively, diplomatically, and sensitively with staff at all administrative levels, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain complex systems processes and to facilitate collaborative group discussions to reach consensus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with software tools used in libraries, archives, or museums.