RESEARCH PROJECT MGR, SOM
School of Medicine:
Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation’s top medical schools. Ranked tenth among its peers, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where traditional barriers are low, interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced, and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve humanhealth locally and around the globe.
Comprised of 2,400 faculty physicians and researchers, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing and Duke University Health System create Duke Health. Duke Health is a world-class health care network. Founded in 1998 to provide efficient, responsive care, the health system offers a full network of health services and encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Private Diagnostic Clinic, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Research Project Manager, SOM
Project: Understanding the Landscape of Aggressive Breast Cancers for Risk Reduction and Therapeutic Strategies
- Responsible for and provides technical and management oversight for this research project to ensure that data is in compliance with applicable regulatory and biospecimen banking requirements and in accordance with sponsor specifications.
- Maintains a working knowledge of healthcare and research standards
- Participates in review and provides input in writing reports and manuscripts.
- May participate in business development activities, development of scope of work and cost estimates across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Analyzes and proposes best practices for implementing and conducting project activities.
- Develops complex project plans, such as integration of multiple data sources or migration of data between systems.
- Educates internal and external partners on Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and data surveillance activities.
- Provides direction and input in the development of operational plans for new data project proposals.
- Manage s internal and external personnel expectations.
- Assists in budgets of projects in their therapeutic areas and implements corrective action to maintain budget.
- Oversees forecasting and resourcing for program area.
- Provides support for database creation, project management, reporting and analyses, IRB and data agreement, multi-site academic collaborations and data sharing.
- Assists PI in Overseeing design and implementation of appropriate data integration plan for complex projects, including management of vendors and external collaborations.
Bachelors degree in the biological or health sciences.
A postgraduate degree (example, masters, MPH, MBA, PhD, MD) with at least two prior administrative, project management and/or educational program experience.
Minimum of four years of experience working in research laboratories. Must have a minimum of two years of experience performing work specific to the position. A Master's degree in biological or health sciences may substitute for two years of required experience. A PhD biologicalor health sciences may substitute for five years of required experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.