FLOOR FINISHER (16 HOURS/WEEK, EVERY OTHER WEEKEND: 1 DAY/WEEK), DUKE REGIONAL *PT/PRN ANCHOR*
Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19.
Perform major cleaning of floors (including both hard surfaces and carpet) and major wall cleaning, in accordance with the standard procedures.
- Scrub floors to remove all soil and finish to base of floor material.
- Remove splash marks from baseboards, walls and doors.
- Refinish floor to glossy, depth shine.
- Shampoo and remove spots from carpeted floor areas.
- Assist in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
- Assist in maintaining main housekeeping storage area in a clean manner. Perform necessary wall washing tasks as assigned.
- Move furniture on a non-routine basis as assigned.
- Follow all universal precautions, bloodborne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning patient care areas.
- May be required to bleach rubber floors as needed.
- May be required to assist with the removal of trash, soiled linen and bio-medical waste.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and proficiency in the practices and procedures of floor refinishing and wall washing
- Knowledge of the equipment and chemicals used in floor refinishing
- Ability to read, write and follow direct written and oral instructions
- Ability to integrate age-appropriate response to the specific needs of the patient and visitor
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
If required to drive a DUHS vehicle, must have a valid N. C. driver's license in their possession and a good driving record.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.